Hello My Name Is...
WELCOME TO MY PRE-K CLASS PAGE!
May 24: Picnic at Council Park.
May 30: School closed for Memorial Day.
June 3: Last day of school.
Some of the things we are learning about for the weeks of May 23-June 3:
1. Recognizing first and last names in print, naming the letters in first and last name, and writing first and last name.
2. Recognizing the letter and sounds for Yy and Zz. Alphafriend characters for this week are: Yetta Yo-yo and Zelda Zebra.
3. Recognizing numerals 1-20.
4. Counting concrete objects and building sets to 10.
5. Orally counting to 50. Counting to 100 by 10s.
6. Using concrete objects to combine sets to 10.
7. Reviewing letters and sounds Aa-Zz.
8. Phone numbers and addresses.
We will review calendar language: saying the days of the week and months of the year daily.
Some of the things we will be learning about in May:
Pre-K Information for May:
May 24: End of year Picnic at Council Park.
May 30: School will be closed for Memorial Day.
Some of the things we will be learning about this month:
As we are nearing the end of the school year and are preparing for the transition to Kindergarten, we will concentrate heavily on alphabet and letter sound recognition. Please help your child practice at home. I will soon be sending flash cards of the letters each child needs to practice.
New letters and sounds: Ww-Zz. We will review naming ALL letters and letter sounds and practice writing the letters.
Matching upper and lower case letters.
Recognizing and writing numbers 0 to 10.
Combining and separating concrete objects.
Classifying objects according to size, shape, and color.
Making size comparisons.
Becoming familiar with measuring tools: ruler and balance scale.